I don’t usually make comment on the trending controversial topics, I make this choice not to add to the hype but sitting in the quiet of the morning with Christmas music playing I did have something come to heart….
Red cup, blue cup, green cup…it’s just a cup ( a thing ) I don’t feel that a company exercising their right to make their cup whatever color they want is the real issue or even the fact that a couple people made mention of their dismay, what I find most troubling is that we as people get so upset over things. Material things along with controversy is what seems to go viral on social media above all else…I’ll mention what I have seem most over the last last 2 weeks which is talking about the red Starbucks cup along with with people on both sides of the fence of when it’s ok to decorate for Christmas..before Nov 11th or after and in the US same conversation for Veterans Day / Thanks Giving.
The main theme however always seems to come down to people wanting to be right, letting others know they’re wrong ( in their opinion ) and all that seems to be gained is that we as people become further apart. Why does it seems so easy to find one or two things that makes us SO different and so hard to see the MANY things that make us the same. For example, having a family of 5 it’s hard to afford Starbucks but I LOVE Starbucks ! I love coffee and the way they make their holiday coffee is amazing ( for me ) once or twice a year max usually when in the big city Christmas exploring I buy us one and enjoy every drop, this is my reality and with all our money going out to our family 365 days a year, I enjoy every drop…I also don’t judge those buying one every day, how is that my place OR my concern…when did we become so entitled to think that it’s ok to judge what others do. I type this as a human myself and not above ever ” thinking ” a judging thought but I do work really hard to bring myself back to the basics with a fast reminder of judge not lest ye be judged. This is not to say that we can’t share life experiences or our feelings but to make sure we are doing so with a loving heart, not a heart to prove someone wrong.
I think of this even more come this time of year…for me, when November 1st hits, I feel like I turn 5 again, Christmas joy / excitement fills me up – Spiritually it is a time like no other and for me in general, it’s like magic surrounds us, there is this feeling that sits in the air that accompanies the glow of lights, sights and sounds and even the spirit of Santa, it reminds us of kindness of man and this just takes over my soul because I feel it allows us to see kindness & joy exemplified, I work hard to live Christmas every day of the year but there is a undeniable beauty that comes with Christmas. I also realize this time of bliss for me is a time of pain for many others…it’s hard for us to understand each other – Our life experiences make us feel very differently and yet, our feelings are true for each of us equally. This is the same truth for much in life, it’s ok to feel a certain way about something but we must remember that different life experiences, make how we each feel on certain topics different, not wrong, just different.
- Manners cost nothing
- Treat others how you wish you be treated
- Family comes first ( I’ll add God here )
- Two wrongs don’t make a right
- Treasure friendship
- Save some for a rainy day
- Don’t judge a book by its cover
- Actions speak louder than words
- As one door closes, another door opens
- Laugh as often and as much as possible
- All that glitters is not gold
- Stay honest and keep your integrity
- Keep an open mind
- Never be afraid to make mistakes
- You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone
- Look after the pennies, the pounds will look after themselves
- Only worry about things you can control
- It’s what’s on the inside that counts
- Never be afraid to shed a tear
- Always have a smile on your face
- Out of debt, out of danger
- Don’t speak with your mouth full
- Listen before you speak
- Try and see the good in everybody
- The best things in life are free
- Practice makes perfect
- There is a light at the end of every tunnel
- Make time for your favorite things
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
- It’s not what you know, it’s who you know ( friends / family )
- Love unconditionally
- Seize the day
- Practice and attitude of gratitude ( my own )
- If you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect others to
- Forgive others so that you may be forgiven.
- Always go with your gut instinct
- Live everyday like it’s your last
- Be somebody’s reason to smile
- Don’t burn your bridges
- Time is a great healer
- You only regret what you didn’t do
- Never let your fears get in the way
- Don’t count the days, make the days count
- Strive for the best
- Put your best foot forward
- A picture paints a thousand words
- The early bird catches the worm
- Keep your head up and your heart strong
- Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back
In no research can you find golden rules to hurt others with a mission to be right, judge or bring others down – For me, the most beautiful truth is that WE the people decide how to move forward, what will we share as important, what will we hold close and choose to shed a light on. We have the power to squabble allowing hurt feelings to build a separation OR we have the power to see and celebrate all that makes us the same. All of us with feelings, all with the need to be loved, understood and valued. If in reading this you feel it’s a post pointing a finger at someone who took a stance and showed dismay, it’s not. It’s a simple reminder that in life there will be many things others do that we ourselves wouldn’t do but that at the heart of it all, there is more that makes us the same and the things that do make us different, also make life the beauty that it is. Oh how boring it would be to live in a world of robots all feeling and thinking the same..
What will we decide to focus on things that separate us or bring us together ?
~ Sara Bown ( Bown not Brown hehe )
Golden rule list found here –> http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/512932/50-Golden-Rules